The place for Brad & Angelina fans.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

NEWS, PICS AND MORE....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:02 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:04 am

Perpetrators of sexual violence in conflict must be held accountable: Ban Ki-moon

Political leaders at the highest levels are being urged to voice their unequivocal support in preventing sexual violence. The appeal comes from UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, speaking on…
24 Jun 2013 / Listen / Download

Angelina Jolie urges Security Council to make tackling war zone rape a priority
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:05 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:05 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:08 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:10 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 am

Hello everyone..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:43 am

'The Counselor' teaser trailer debuts, stars Brad Pitt, Penelope Cruz and Michael Fassbender
The Cormac McCarthy-penned crime thriller is due out on October 25 and shows the A-listers on the wrong side of the law.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/watch-counselor-trailer-debuts-article-1.1382388#ixzz2XH5dCenf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:45 am

your definition of a friend is someone who will die for you, you don't have any friends,' Brad Pitt explains in the teaser for 'The Counselor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm

good morning ..happy wednesday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:06 pm

APOCALYPSE wow! This is the first glimpse inside the south Essex location where Brad Pitt filmed scenes for his blockbuster World War Z.

The Hollywood A-lister spent two weeks on set in East Hanningfield, shooting scenes for the apocalyptic zombie horror, which is on in cinemas now.
Because of tight security it is only now details about the shoot can be made public, and snippets like what Brad used to eat for breakfast and how he was helicoptered into Essex each day, can be revealed.

Filming took place at the Essex and Suffolk Water treatment works, in East Hanningfield, and saw more than 100 crew including 50-yearold Brad and director Marc Forster on site every day.
A now redundant part of the treatment works building – the vertical flow tanks – was transformed into Camp Humphreys, a dank South Korean military base and prison, for pivotal scenes in the film.
Gary Banks, treatment operations manager for Essex and Suffolk Water said: “We were thrilled that Hanningfield works was selected as a location for World War Z.
“This building is quite striking and makes interesting backdrop for filming. We’ve been marketing it as a film location for several years now.
World War Z was the biggest production we’ve ever had. Our 300 employees were fantastic while filming was taking place – they really respected the privacy of the actors.”
Gary added: “I went to see the film on the opening night and it was amazing to finally see it. I’d say thebits that were filmedhere appear in about six minutes of the film.”
One of the most famous movie stars on the planet, Brad kept “himself to himself”.
Gary said: “He seemed like a normal, nice bloke who was dedicated to his job.
“He’d be flown in by private helicopter to an airfield about half-an-hour away every morning and then be driven by a chauffeur to the set.
“I sort of bumped into him by accident as he was packing up his stuff one day and he said hello.
“Unfortunately, Angelina didn’t turn up.I’ve been getting that question a lot!
“Of course it was really exciting for staff here to have him filming.”
World War Z sees Brad playing Gerry Lane,a UN inspector torn between protecting his family and finding a cure for the zombie infection which threatens to wipe out humanity
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Angelina Jolie spills the nasty truth at U.N. Security Council
Angelina Jolie made her debut before the U.N.'s most powerful body as a special envoy for refugees Monday and urged the world's nations to make the fight against rape in war a top priority.
The actress told the Security Council that "hundreds of thousands — if not millions — of women, children and men have been raped in conflicts in our lifetimes."
Jolie, a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. high commissioner for refugees, said the Security Council has witnessed 67 years of wars and conflict since it was established "but the world has yet to take up warzone rape as a serious priority."
"You set the bar," she told the council. "If the ... council sets rape and sexual violence in conflict as a priority it will become one and progress will be made. If you do not, this horror will continue."
British Foreign Secretary William Hague, who presided over the meeting, stressed that "in conflicts in nearly every corner of the globe, rape is used systematically and ruthlessly, in the almost certain knowledge that there will be no consequences for the perpetrators."
Soon after Jolie spoke, the council adopted a legally-binding resolution demanding the complete and immediate cessation of all acts of sexual violence by all parties to armed conflict. It noted that sexual violence can constitute a crime against humanity and a contributing act to genocide, called for improved monitoring of sexual violence in conflict, and urged the U.N. and donors to assist survivors.
It was the broadest resolution adopted by the council on the sexual violence in conflict. Hague said Britain plans to follow-up by convening a global gathering during the annual General Assembly meeting of world leaders in September to keep up the pressure for action.
Hague said at a discussion later at the Ford Foundation that his prime motivation for pressing for global action against sexual violence was the 1990s war in Bosnia, partly because of an adviser but also because of Jolie's 2011 film, "In the Land of Blood and Honey," about former lovers who end up on the opposite sides of the conflict. He said he arranged the film's British premiere at the Foreign Office and has been campaigning with Jolie since then, including a visit to Congo in March, "to move the stigma and the shame from the victim to the perpetrator."
"The time has come for the world to take a strong and determined stand to make clear that the systematic use of rape as a weapon is not acceptable in the modern world and our objective is to change the entire global attitude to these issues," Hague said.
Getting the whole world talking about sexual violence in conflict and the need to punish perpetrators not victims "will shift attitudes — maybe over a period of years, but we have begun," he said.
Jolie, who has traveled extensively in her role as goodwill ambassador, recalled several of the survivors she had met — the mother of a five-year-old girl raped outside a police station in Goma in eastern Congo, and a Syrian woman she spoke to in Jordan last week who asked to hide her name and face "because she knew that if she spoke out about the crimes against her she would be attacked again, and possibly killed."
"Let us be clear what we are speaking of: Young girls raped and impregnated before their bodies are able to carry a child, causing fistula," Jolie said, referring to an injury caused by violent rapes that tear apart the flesh separating the bladder and rectum from the vagina, leaving the girls unable to control their bowels or bladder.
She continued: "Boys held at gunpoint and forced to sexually assault their mothers and sisters. Women raped with bottles, wood branches and knives to cause as much damage as possible. Toddlers and even babies dragged from their homes, and violated."
Zainab Hawa Bangura, the U.N. special envoy on sexual violence in conflict, told the council that two weeks ago she visited Bosnia where an estimated 50,000 women were victims of rape and other forms of sexual violence during the war, but only a handful of perpetrators have been prosecuted.
Later, at the Ford Foundation, she said that on an African trip with Hague, she visited the village of Mambasa in eastern Congo's Ituri district where 11 babies aged 6 to 12 months had been raped, 59 children aged 1 to 3 years old had been raped and 182 girls aged 5 to 15 years old had been raped.
"Who will rape a baby?," Bangura asked. "It means you want to wipe the community away. That's the only explanation you can have."
Jolie pleaded with the Security Council — and all countries — to implement the resolution and not let the issue drop.
"Meet your commitments, debate this issue in your parliaments, mobilize people in your countries, and build it into all your foreign policy efforts," she urged. "Together, you can turn the tide of global opinion, shatter impunity and finally put an end to this abhorrence."
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon paid tribute to Jolie for being the voice of millions forced to flee their homes "and now for the many survivors of wartime rape whose bodies have been used as battlegrounds."
He called on all leaders to apprehend and prosecute perpetrators "and be part of a global coalition of champions determined to break this evil."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:16 pm

PHOTOS: Angelina Jolie Treats Son Pax To Toys 'R' Us Shopping Trip Amid Baby Rumours
Angelina was the doting mum while shopping in New York

Angelina Jolie was spotted treated her son Pax to a trip to kid’s store Toys ‘R’ Us on Monday.
The Salt actress stopped by the store in Times Square, New York to the delight of shoppers so the youngster could pick out a new toy.
Angelina and Pax spotted at Toys 'R' Us in New York (Sharpshooter Images / Splash)
Angelina was dressed casually for the mother and son outing, wearing a black long sleeve top with matching trousers as they browsed the aisles while a minder kept a watchful eye over them.
The trip comes after it was claimed that Angelina and long-term partner Brad Pitt are planning to expand their brood, with hopes to have two more children. A source revealed that the pair are looking into adpotion and also plan to have a biological child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Angelina Jolie & Pax: Departing Duo
Posted: June 25, 2013 by Jenny Schafer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:05 am

Angelina Jolie Is The Most Powerful Actress On Our Celebrity 100 List

Angelina Jolie didn’t have to tell the world why she had been out of the spotlight for months. She could have said that she was just spending time with her large family or taking a much-needed break after years of working nonstop.

Instead the actress chose to open up about her preventive double mastectomy. Jolie, who carries a gene that puts her at an elevated risk for breast cancer, explained her decision in a New York Times op-ed that sparked both support and controversy
Jolie’s ability to shape a national conversation while earning one of the highest paychecks in Hollywood makes her the most powerful actress on our Celebrity 100 list. Jolie ranks 41st overall with $33 million in earnings. Much of that comes from her upfront pay for the movie Maleficent, Disney’s new take on the old Sleeping Beauty story. Jolie stars as the wicked queen in the movie, which is scheduled for release next summer.

The second most-powerful actress on our list is newcomer Jennifer Lawrence, who ranks 49th with $26 million. It’s hard to think of an actress who had a better year than Lawrence. She started 2012 with The Hunger Games, which grossed $690 million at the global box office, making it one of the highest-grossing movies of the year. Lawrence was paid less than $1 million upfront for her work on the film but she made up for that with a much fatter paycheck to revisit the role of Katniss Everdeen for the sequel, Catching Fire.

Then she won her first Oscar as Best Actress for Silver Linings Playbook (it was the 22-year-old’s second nomination). The smaller movie turned a nice profit off its own, bringing in $236 million on a $20 million budget. Lawrence has a slew of blockbusters and art films on deck for the next year including X-Men: Days of Future Past and American Hustle from Silver Linings director David O. Russell and co-starring Silver Linings star Bradley Cooper.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Hello everyone..good morning:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Exclusive: new Photo of Angelina Jolie as Malevolemt

A new photo of actress Angelina Jolie with the full costume of the Malevolent Queen was released.

It is believed that this disclosure is strategic, because Comic Con that annually takes place in San Diego is coming.

credit fasdeangelinajolieblogspot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:28 am

Hello everyone..TGIF!cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:39 am

Sexy Men = Brad Pitt. That is and has been a universal truth for years. Then, Yareah Magazine has chosen Brad as our sexy man for today. Do you like him?

Brad Pitt rose to fame in 1991, in that fantastic road movie Thelma & Louise directed by Ridley Scott. Here, he played a secondary role, a cowboy hitchhiker, but the female world fell in love with him forever. Afterwards, he has starred important movies: A River Runs Through It (1992),Interview with the Vampire (1994), Legends of the Fall (an epic drama based on the 1979 book of the same title by Jim Harrison), the crime thriller Seven (1995) or 12 Monkeys (Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor and an Academy Award nomination)

Brad Pitt also starred in the cult hit Fight Club by David Fincher and in the major international hit Ocean’s Eleven (2001) and its sequels Ocean’s Twelve (2004) and Ocean’s Thirteen (2007).

However, his greatest commercial successes was Troy by Wolfgang Petersen (2004) and Mr. & Mrs. Smith (where he and Angelina Jolie fell in love).

Brad Pitt has received other Academy Award nominations for his roles in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Moneyball (Best Picture nomination) among other prizes and honors.

If we should choose a Brad movie, it would be Seven or Fight Club, but where he is absolutely sexy is in Legends of the Fall or in Troy.

Now, he is preparing a new movie, The Counselor, directed by Ridley Scott again. A drama about a lawyer who finds himself in trouble when he gets in over his head while drug trafficking. Starring Brad Pitt, Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz, the film is scheduled to be released on October 25th of this year.

Congratulations, Brad. You are the sexiest!

agree lol:tongue: 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:44 am

Angelina Jolie best quotes. Being happy is a choice
Angelina Jolie best quotes. Yes, because she is a great personality, fond of life and children, of charities and environmental problems. Because she has set an example of how to overcome a bad genetic inheritance. Because she has lived, felt and thought, it’s worth to listen to Angelina. Our great woman of today.

I’ve realized that being happy is a choice. You never want to rub anybody the wrong way or not be fun to be around, but you have to be happy. When I get logical and I don’t trust my instincts – Thats when I get in trouble.

I don’t believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don’t judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free.

To be intimate with a married man, when my own father cheated on my mother, is not something I could forgive. I could not look at myself in the morning if I did that. I wouldn’t be attracted to a man who would cheat on his wife.

The truth is I love being alive. And I love feeling free. So if I can’t have those things then I feel like a caged animal and I’d rather not be in a cage. I’d rather be dead. And it’s real simple. And I think it’s not that uncommon.

I think all women go through periods where we hate this about ourselves, we don’t like that. It’s great to get to a place where you dismiss anything you’re worried about. I find flaws attractive. I find scars attractive.

I’d like to believe that the people that have supported me in my work or identified with me in films, the people that feel they know me, they do and they don’t have misconceptions – they understand. I believe that.

Great quotes, Angeline, Keep on being yourself!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Happy saturday!cheers Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Book Buzz: Brad Pitt movie boosts 'WWZ' sales

Lindsay Deutsch, USA TODAY 2:22 p.m. EDT June 27, 2013

Here's a look at what's buzzing in the book world today:

Zombie power: Max Brooks' zombie apocalypse novel, World War Z, was a hit with readers long before it became a Hollywood property. But the movie version starring Brad Pitt — No. 2 at the box office last weekend — is propelling the book to new heights on USA TODAY's Best-Selling Books list. It's No. 4 this week. The film is loosely based on the 2006 novel, subtitled An Oral History of the Zombie War, which landed on the list at No. 41 when it was released and spent 49 weeks in the top 150. Reports out of Hollywood indicate a second film is in development. It was originally planned as a trilogy of films before production costs soared. — Bob Minzesheimer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Recs

“World War Z” Is a Winner, but Vampires Still Slay Zombies
By Tim Beyers
June 29, 2013

The Walking Dead may be chomping on The Vampire Diaries when it comes to TV ratings, but, at the movies, rotting corpses are usually no match for the bloodsuckers, or even werewolves. Can Brad Pitt's surprise hit World War Z, based on the popular book by Max Brooks, change all that? So far, the dead are putting up some pretty live numbers.

The zombie thriller raced to a $66.4 million opening weekend in the U.S. and has since added $22 million in domestic receipt,s and $45.8 million in international ticket sales heading into this weekend's showings, according to data supplied by Box Office Mojo.

No doubt the film's producers are relieved. World War Z's $190 million budget and well-known production snafus had some worrying that the film would be a John Carter-sized disaster for Viacom's (NASDAQ: VIA ) Paramount Pictures. Instead, the studio is apparently already in talks about a sequel

World War Z isn't exactly in Walking Dead territory. But, as you can see from the data compiled by Box Office Mojo, it's rare for a zombie flick to attract any kind of a wide audience. So rare, in fact, that World War Z is already tops in the genre -- presuming you discount Sony's animated monster mashup, Hotel Transylvania:

Metrics Vampires Werewolves Zombies The Mummy
Total U.S. box office
$2.91 billion
$1.73 billion
$1.14 billion
$550.9 million

No. of films in franchise

Per-film average
$40.97 million
$66.41 million
$22.01 million
$137.74 million

Top film in franchise** (box office)
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

($300.5 million)
Wolf

($65.0 million)
World War Z

($88.3 million)
The Mummy Returns

($202.0 million)

Source: Box Office Mojo.
** Where the monster in question is somehow attached to the lead character.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbad

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Want a Quaffable Connection to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? Here’s Your Opportunity
The first vintage of their rosé wine is available at DC restaurants and retailers.
By Carol Ross Joynt

The display of Château Miraval rosé, on sale at Bell Wine & Spirits on M Street, Northwest. Photograph by Carol Ross Joynt. Comments (0) | Published June 27, 2013
As if Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie aren’t busy enough being global superstars, humanitarians, and parents to a very large and often nomadic family, they have recently also become winemakers. It’s no surprise that when the wine was first introduced it almost immediately sold out, but it is possible now to find it in the DC area. It’s called Château Miraval Côtes de Provence rosé, 2012 vintage, named after their home and 150-acre vineyard in France, Château Miraval. Pitt is a famous fan of rosé wines.

The wholesaler for the DC region is Bacchus Importers of Baltimore. We checked in with Todd Schneider, director of sales, who said the 200 cases they were allotted went out the door as fast as they came in. He has only “a few” still in stock. “You knew [sales] were going to be good,” he said, “but I didn’t quite anticipate the feeding frenzy that happened with a rosé at that price point. I was pleasantly surprised.”

One of the local retailers who received a shipment, and still has some cases, is Calvert Woodley Wines and Spirits on Connecticut Avenue. They charge $23.99 for a bottle and $264 for a case. “There were a lot of advance orders,” says the store’s wine manager, Tom McKnew. He feels Pitt and Jolie are following good practices in how they are producing the wine. “They’ve got a good winemaking team behind them, the Perrin family, who make Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Considering it’s about half the price of the highest-end rosé, it’s a good value.”

But how does it taste? McKnew said it is “typical” to the Provence region. “I think it’s a lovely rosé. I didn’t notice as much minerality as I’ve had with other Provence rosés, but it’s soft and round and still pretty good.”

Schneider is also enthusiastic. “It’s great,” he said. “Of course, I love rosés. It’s a wonderful bottle of wine.” Wine Spectator gives it a rating of 90 points, which is considerable.

The restaurants that received cases of the wine, according to Schneider, are Rasika and Rasika West End, Charlie Palmer Steak, Bistro Bis, Marcel’s, Oyamel, Restaurant Nora, and the Four Seasons Hotel—where, it’s worth noting, Brad and Angie stay when in DC. In addition to Calvert Woodley, local retailers who have Miraval in stock, he says, include MacArthur Beverages, Pearsons Wine & Spirits, Bell’s, Whole Foods Market in Georgetown and Tenley, Cairo Wine & Liquor, Rodman’s, Cork & Fork in Bethesda, and the Chevy Chase Wine and Spirits.

At the very least, if you like it, maybe drink a toast to Brad and Angie—because, you know, living in France and making a lot of money as movie stars, they need the positive reinforcement.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEWS, PICS AND MORE....   

Back to top Go down

NEWS, PICS AND MORE....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next